“What do you truly want?
What does your heart whisper?
Are you listening?
Is there enough space for you
in your own life?”
― Molly Remer, Walking with Persephone
It’s so easy to lose touch with our inner selves as we get caught up in external expectations, societal pressures, and the constant noise of the world around us. Sometimes, it is all just too much to hear the whispers of our hearts. I love this quote because I think it is a gentle reminder that we have an inner voice… a voice that longs to be heard, acknowledged, and cherished.
What do you truly want?
Ask me today and I really do not know. Nothing is feeling clear right now for me. This question feels like such a basic question I should be able to answer for myself. It prompts me to reflect on what truly matters, beyond the surface-level wants and needs that society may have conditioned us to prioritize. Creating space means recognizing that my needs and desires are just as important as anyone else’s.
Listening to my inner voice means paying attention to my soul’s whispers, even when they seem faint or drowned out by the clamor of external voices. It’s up to me to listen closely.
Listening involves creating moments of stillness in our life where we can tune in and hear the messages. It means setting aside time to reflect, journal, meditate, or simply be present with ourselves. Are you actively engaged in this practice of self-listening, or have you been too preoccupied?
Ways I am SoulFire Seeking and Making Time to Listen
- Prioritize “Me Time”: Dedicate a portion of the week solely to myself. Use this time for activities that nourish my soul—whether it’s reading, painting, taking a long walk, or simply sitting in silence.
- Journal Thoughts: Writing down my thoughts and feelings to explore dreams, passions, and what truly excites me.
- Set Boundaries: Learning to say no to ensure I haven’t fallen back on overextending myself to the detriment of my own needs.
- Embrace Change: Change can be intimidating, but it’s often the path to growth and fulfillment. Embrace the idea that evolving and pursuing desires may require stepping out of my comfort zone.
- Take Action: The most important step is to take action. It’s one thing to know what I want, but it’s another to actively pursue it. Start small but take some kind of first step the day it first occurs.
Conclusion: A Life Aligned
So, I leave you with these questions once more: What do you truly want? What does your heart whisper? Are you listening? Is there enough space for you in your own life?
Your heart holds the answers, and the journey to uncovering them is a beautiful, transformative process. Embrace it with open arms, and may your path be filled with self-love, purpose, and the fulfillment of your heart’s true desires.
MANTRA: I attract harmonious relationships.