As I near the half-century mark and feel the tick tick tick of time, I have decided it’s important to honor my past. It’s also helping me realize – excitedly – how much more I can do in the coming years. To keep living forward with accomplishments I’m proud of.
These are in no particular order.
- Lived in Chicago for six years.
- Graduated from college–Michigan State University in East Lansing–and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (emphasis on Broadcasting with two cognates in Spanish and Criminal Justice).
- Earned the American Marketing Association’s Professional Certified Marketer (PCM®) credential (on my first try).
- Have seen at least five shows on Broadway. Can’t wait to take my son someday.
- Sung at Carnegie Hall my junior year with my high school choir. So amazing!
- Walked the Golden Gate Bridge – four months pregnant at that.
- Been both a Girl Scout (brownies, juniors) and a Girl Scout leader.
- Gambled and won in Las Vegas
- Enjoyed coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans
- Worked in Harpo Studios on Oprah.com – experienced and learned so much that continues to be expanded upon
- Had drinks in the Signature Room, 95th floor of the Hancock Building in Chicago with fabulous people I still adore
- Had martinis so often in the Ritz in chicago they nicknamed us the Cosmo Girls way before Sex & the City. We went there to discuss our ambitions. It was lovely.
- Seen several games live at Wrigley Field. Plus a few spring training games in Arizona. AND even attended several Smokies games in Knoxville (the Cubs farm team). I AM a Cubs fan.
- Stayed late at Buddy Guy’s and Muddy Waters for the finest blues music in Chicago
- Toured the Spanish-Revival mansion and museum of William K. Vanderbilt II in Centerport, one of the few remaining Gold Coast estates on the North Shore of Long Island, and the Biltmore “America’s largest home” built by George Vanderbilt II in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville.
- Toured both George Washington’s Mount Vernon and Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello plantation
- Seen our Nation’s Capitol several times touring monuments, watching Congress, etc.