Thanks to a nice tax refund, I decided two weeks ago to go forward with this special purchase in the name of self care. Twelve hours in, I have no regrets.
The splurge in question? Petite vials of Jo Malone so I can play and combine. In the words of Sappho, to annoint myself with a little “power” or “goddessness” or “creativity and courage” as needed to strengthen my resolves and go about my day.
Perfume has been something I’ve been exploring a lot in the past two years. Before this I did not really wear it a good deal, opting more for essential oils. I was a fan of Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door in my early twenties; my late 30s I fell in love with an oil (Ananya) from the Body Shop.
So the past two years I’ve been trying to find a new “signature scent” for myself. I did the Scentbird subscription for awhile and thought I had found a scent but became a bit bored with it on a daily basis.
So we shall see if with the ability to layer and combine scents that I may realize a truly unique signature for myself.
For the record and the curious here are my vials – all smelling amazing on their own!
- Wood Sage & Sea Salt – the gateway scent that lead me to this purchase. I received a sample from Sephora and “hello lovely”
- Peony & Blush Suede
- Nectarine Blossom & Honey – two of my favorite things in real life so how could I not try?!
- Pomegranate Noir – I looooove pomegranates. I love the story of Persephone and Hades so this one had to be tried. Smells so dark and rich.
- Myrrh & Tonka – this one was a bonus and beautiful scent. I like to think Divine knew this would be great for me and sent it on its way
- Okay one more bonus – sample of Lime Basil & Mandarin which is also supposed to layer well with a few of these.
Do you have a signature scent? If you use Jo Malone, what’s your favorite?