My professional pursuits in life all require working on the computer. My personal passion for writing also leans toward the butt-in-seat position for much of the time. I work from home so while it seems like there is ample opportunity to get up and move, I don’t tend to. Which is why I’ve set myself this challenge and am not saving it for the new year. I want walking 8,000+ steps a day to be natural…a habit… normal. I want to be in the groove of moving a fair amount as I tackle new challenges for myself in 2020. I want my fitbit hitting 10k to be a no-brainer… as much as it can be for me.
How will I set myself up to succeed:
- conscious effort to park farther than I do now from the store’s entrance. End of the row, girlie!
- in the store – especially the grocery store – I will take two trips around the aisles. More steps and my chances that I won’t forget anything increase
- setting an alarm for three 15-minute walk breaks during my work day
- any skype meetings will be done standing and walking
- get my daily chores all completed – hello extra effort = steps
- with son, establish a nightly one-song dance party while cooking dinner. Fun and will get us both moving!
- walk during first 30 minutes of family movie at night
With holiday activities happening too this month, I’m feeling confident that I will succeed this month. What will you challenge yourself to this month?