“True abundance isn’t based on our net worth, it’s based on our self-worth.”
— Gabrielle Bernstein
Boosting self-worth is a personal journey that requires self-reflection, self-care, and intentional actions. It’s one I’ve been exploring more these past few months as I try out new business endeavors.
To help me, I developed a list to have ready when I was experiencing a low self-worth moment.
- Dress up. Spritz on some perfume. Feel confident and powerful, even if you’re staying at home.
- Practice affirmations in front of a mirror, repeating positive statements about yourself.
- Spend time in nature, whether it’s a walk in the park or sitting in a garden.
- Listen to uplifting and empowering music or podcasts.
- Engage in a short workout session to boost endorphins. Dance ideally like Zumba or Jazzercise.
- Declutter and organize a small area of your living space, creating a sense of order and accomplishment.
- Watch a TED Talk or inspirational video to gain new perspectives and insights.
- Reach out to a supportive friend or loved one for a brief uplifting conversation.
- Write a list of your accomplishments and celebrate your achievements.
- Write in a gratitude journal, listing things you appreciate about yourself.
- Engage in a creative activity like drawing, painting, or crafting.
- Read a motivational or inspiring book or article.
- Take a hot bath or indulge in a pampering self-care routine.
- Engage in a short mindfulness or self-reflection exercise. Practice deep breathing or meditation to calm the mind and connect with yourself.
- Write a letter to your future self, outlining your goals and aspirations.
- Take a few minutes to visualize your ideal future and feel the emotions of achieving your dreams. If you have a vision board, maybe find an image to add to it.
- Do a random act of kindness for someone else, boosting your sense of compassion and connection.
- Practice positive self-talk throughout the day, replacing negative thoughts with encouraging ones.
Remember, building self-worth is a journey that takes time and effort. Be patient and compassionate with yourself as you work towards nurturing and boosting your sense of self-worth.